Happy Maddy's Day...and a few Mommy Thoughts

Happy Maddy's Day..?? Yeup, Maddy's Day...up until this year, it has always been Maddy's Day - Mother+Daddy=Maddy.  Without going into all the details, my daddy was the one who raised me. He was my everything, my rock, my best friend until I met Kane.  If you know my dad, you know that he is my inspiration for being a better person, teacher, parent.  If I can be half the parent he was and is, then I will be successful. So, Happy Maddy's Day, Daddy! 


Today marks one week of breathing treatments...I can't really tell if they are working or not, but we will keep on trying.  We are getting some sleep, so that is always a positive!  Parker is teething REALLY badly; everything goes to his mouth and leaves it covered in baby drool!  He is a trooper, but I know that his teeth are really hurting.


Last week, at school, was our annual track meet.  Three days of brutal wind and cold in the morning and wicked heat and wind in the afternoon...awesome.  Our PE coach is this young, energetic, crazy-athletic girl.  I feel like she has brought a breath of fresh air to the gym. Love. Her. Anyway, on Friday after all the field and running events were over, she wanted to have a teacher run.  Soooooooo, being the fun and free-spirited teacher that I am, I was game. I lost.  Bad. It was embarrassing. Very embarrassing. It was only 100M, but it was enough to make more sore for three days. Ridiculous.  Moving on.


14 days left of school.  Thank goodness! 


Hop on over to http://hypheninteriors.blogspot.com/ and check out my next craft project. I am going to try to get it done this week. It depends on the amount of sleep mommy and baby get!


I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you did a great job with the link! Awesome that you did the teacher's run! What do you teach? Loved your explanation of Maddy's day - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete