Happy Tuesday ~ I hope all is well with you and yours!
Kane and I have been meeting with a financial planner for the last couple of months. It's quite comical because we don't have any financials to plan, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, one of the things that he has recommended to us is life insurance, which got us onto the topic of a will...
The thought of having to make the decision of who gets the pleasure of raising Parker brings tears to my eyes and chills to my arms...he's my baby ~ I am the one who gets to do that...
Would they know that...he loves when you talk into his belly and his back...he doesn't like to lay down in the bathtub...he hated water when he was tiny, but now loves it and would really prefer to drink out of your cup...he likes to chew on the nebulizer hose while you give him breathing treatments...he snores because his allergies are bad...his favorite song is "You are my Sunshine"...he likes his milk warmed, not hot, not cold...he doesn't like his bottom patted, but his back rubbed and that he wants to hold your hand while you rock him...he needs all of his "slippies" in his crib with him...would they even know what his "slippy" is?!
So, I am going to throw a 2 year tantrum and say NO! I don't want anyone else to do my job of taking care of my baby...
We can do all the planning that we want and continue thinking that we are in control - the whole time that we are down here, God is up there shaking His head and laughing because He knows that He is the only one in control...I can pitch my little fit (haha) but I have to fully trust in Him that He has the divine and perfect plan for me and mine...so today and everyday, I will continue to pray for strength to trust in Him...
On a brighter note, my birthday is next week!! Yay for me... :0)
Yes, I am still alive and yes, I still stink at this whole blogging thing - maybe I can double up my efforts and get better?! Let me tell ya, if you're still reading, I still think, "Oh, I need to remember to blog about that!" or "This is going to make a great post...someday!" I have had a running ticker of things to blog about since, oh, July, but I never made the time to actually write them. Mainly because when I finally get the beast (that would be Parker - ha) down, I either want to sit and drool (ok - maybe not drool, but you get it...) or brush my teeth and crawl into bed...oh the life...ha!
So, here's the update in Cannedy's Corner:
1. Parker is 10 months (tear) and walking (double tear)!! He has been walking for about 3 weeks now...he's smart...aaaand I am in TROUBLE! :0)
2. Kane's mother was here for a week and it was wonderful - GiGi and Parks bonded and it was so special. The progress that Parker made was amazing.
3. I am now teaching 3rd Grade. It has been the best decision that I have made in my professional career. I absolutely LOVE who I work with - they are special ladies...
4. I took a small step towards a future goal on Saturday...I took a photography class. It was great, hard, but great. Look for future posts on my VERY elementary photos.
5. Humble Pie...that was going to be a post in itself...I ate a HUUUUGE serving of that this summer...I did 3 things that I said I would NEVER do: 1) I traded in the Trailblazer for a...car. It is a Chrysler 300. I call it the pimp wagon...I couldn't be more happy with it! 2) I bit the bullet and joined Facebook. Yup, that was the hardest piece of pie to eat. Now, I open and close it like, a million times. Oi.
6. I have decided that the majority of my Christmas gifts this year will be things that I have made...yup, good plan.
7. I am sadly, ridiculously, unabashedly addicted to Pintrest. Holy Moly - that is the coolest thing E.V.E.R.
8. I lost 10 pounds in July by running and doing P90X. Then I stopped nursing and I gained every. single. pound. back.
9. I have a fantastic secret, but I can't tell you...yet. Oi.
10. Parker is going to spend 7 nights, in a row, away from me in November and I am so anxious about it - he has only spent 2 nights away from me and they were spread out.11. I have started planning Parker's birthday party (triple tear).
12. It's 9:15, which is 15 minutes past my bedtime - night night!